Looking for the most trusted blockchain casinos? You’re in the right place. In this expert’s guide, you’ll find our favourite blockchain casino sites to play at from Canada.
Top Blockchain Casinos List (October 2022)
If you’re interested in online gambling, you should certainly find out about decentralized blockchain casinos. Even more so, because they’re well on the road to taking over the online industry.
For those who are not that familiar with the technology used by cryptocurrencies, let’s look into it a bit further.
What is a Blockchain?
In cryptocurrencies, the company groups financial transactions together in ‘blocks’ to be verified and recorded. As each block completes, it joins the already completed blocks, in a ‘blockchain’.
In simple terms, it’s a type of database where cryptocurrency companies record financial transactions.
What Do They Mean by Decentralized?
Unlike a traditional bank, which is centrally controlled, cryptocurrencies store multiple copies of their blockchain database on large numbers of computers located anywhere in the world. As each computer has a copy of the whole database, no one user can change it without consensus from the others. At the same time, it can be verified by multiple users, making it transparent.
Blockchain casinos use the same technology to deliver a trustworthy and transparent gambling experience.
A decentralized casino is open-source, independent of third-party control, and achieves transparency by keeping its records public.
Open-source software applications that run on the blockchain are called Dapps, and it is through these that casinos develop their own in-house selection of games, although they may also offer games from mainstream suppliers as well.
The Difference between Bitcoin Casinos and Blockchain Casinos
Things can get a bit confusing here, as you may have heard the term ‘Bitcoin Casino‘. Any online casino that accepts Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies does indeed use the blockchain to process financial transactions. However, a Blockchain Casino makes much more use of the unlimited potential of blockchain technology, and uses it as the core of its operation.
Which Cryptocurrencies Can I Use?
You will need to check your chosen casino to find out which they accept. Some of the biggest cryptocurrencies are of course widely accepted including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Tether, Dogecoin, and Monero.
Advantages of Blockchain Casinos
- Faster Withdrawals: There is no third party involved. It’s all done on the blockchain! You request a withdrawal, it is processed automatically and the funds go straight to your wallet, usually in seconds, but can rarely take up to an hour. Contrast this with traditional casinos where it can take several days!
- Reduced Withdrawal Fees: Again because no third party is involved and the casino has no one else to pay, you can expect very low withdrawal fees. All the casino has to cover is a small cost to ‘miners’ who are recording and verifying transactions.
- Privacy: On most blockchain casinos, you can start playing straight away without disclosing any personal or financial data. All you need is an email address and to create a password.
- Lower House Edge: House Edge is basically the percentage of wagers that the house ultimately keeps in profits. Because operating costs are lower for blockchain casinos, you should find they have quite a low house edge. This can be as low as 0.5% for some games. Having looked at a range of blockchain casinos, it does seem that they have very reasonable house edges that are clearly displayed.
- Provably fair games: This is not exclusive to blockchain casinos, but the blockchain lends itself to provably fair games
- Bonuses: Some offer welcome bonuses, for example, a 50 dollar bonus with a $100 deposit (some wagering requirements applied). Other casinos don’t have a welcome bonus but offer other bonuses during play. For example, some casinos offered a ‘free Bitcoin faucet’ that regularly drips small amounts of free BTC — good fun, but a very small bonus!
- Loyalty Schemes: Various schemes to reward players exist at blockchain casinos. We found one casino with loyalty tokens that pay out 100% of house profit back to players.
- Lack of Selection of Games: Some blockchain casinos can have a limited selection of games because they use internally developed apps and don’t use the huge variety of games on offer from the mainstream providers. There are also no slots available at some of them. However, you should be able to find what you’re looking for if you search a variety of blockchain casinos. Others do offer games from some of the big names.
- Quality: Again for the same reason of not using mainstream suppliers, the casinos that don’t use mainstream suppliers don’t always have such high-quality production or impressive animations. Some may find that this is not a disadvantage and prefer the simplicity of betting on fewer games.
What Games are Available?
Overall you will find that you can play almost any game you want at blockchain casinos. You may need to have a look at more than one in order to find the range of games that you are looking for. Having visited a few blockchain casinos, we can say that they offer all of the classic casino games plus a lot more: Roulette, Baccarat, Blackjack, Poker, Dice, Keno, Crash, Plinko, Jackpots, and Lotteries. As with other online casinos, there are regular exciting competitions and tournaments, just to change things up a bit and keep it fun. Live casino games are also available for that authentic experience and interaction with dealers and other players.
Is it legal to gamble at a blockchain casino?
There is no simple answer to this question. What we can say is, that if online gambling with fiat currency is allowed in your country, then so is blockchain gambling. In countries where online gambling is completely illegal, then blockchain gambling will be as well. Some countries, including the U.S.A., require all online casinos, including blockchain casinos, to have a gambling license. The gray area is in countries where, while gambling is not legal, cryptocurrency is not considered real money, so playing using it may not be considered gambling at all.
Is it safe to play at an unlicensed casino or better to look for a licensed blockchain casino?
While unlicensed casinos can be less restrictive and offer more freedom, you will always be safer playing at a licensed casino, whether in the real world, online or on blockchain.
|➡️ Casino Type||Blockchain|
|🏆 Best Casino||BC.Game|