Best Crypto Casinos in Estonia
As more people get more comfortable with using digital currencies, they are looking for ways to use them and earn them online. That’s why crypto casinos have grown in popularity all over the world. Estonia is no exception. Today, we’ll dive into finding out more information about crypto casinos in Estonia. You’ll discover where to find them and what makes them so special.
For you to get a good overview of crypto casinos in Estonia, we’ll provide details about legalities and licensing for crypto casino sites in the country. We’ll also give you tips on how to join the best crypto casino and the benefits of doing so. Then, to finish off, you’ll get answers to some frequently asked questions about crypto casinos in Estonia.
Is crypto legal in Estonia?
Estonia is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. As such, people living in the country are free to buy, sell and transact in cryptocurrencies. Estonia was one of the first countries in the world to legalize cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano and USDT are just some of the most commonly used in the country.
On 27 November 2017, a new law in Estonia allowed people to apply for two types of crypto transaction licenses. One that allows for buying and selling cryptocurrencies using fiat or other digital assets, and another that allows companies to operate virtual currencies exchanges and wallet services.
To prevent money laundering and other illegal financial activities, Estonia’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) has a number of regulations in place. Any company that exchanges cryptocurrency for fiat currency has to comply with KYC (know your customer) and AML (anti-money laundering) procedures. They also need to have a state license to operate as a virtual value service provider.
That means all of these rules apply to online crypto casino sites in Estonia. They are legally required to register as a business that transacts as a crypto exchange and also provides crypto wallet services. This is because some casinos allow players to keep their cryptocurrencies in their casino account, thus acting as a wallet. They also allow their players to exchange their crypto for fiat currencies when they play or get payouts.
Is online gambling legal in Estonia?
Before you start playing crypto games at an online casino in Estonia, you need to make sure that you’re not breaking any laws. Based on the above, it’s clear that cryptocurrencies are legal in the country, but what about crypto casinos?
Well, let’s start by tackling the question of whether you can gamble legally at all in this small European country. In 2009, Estonia legalized gambling. At first, only local companies could get licenses for online gambling. However, offshore casinos were also allowed to operate in the county on the condition that they’d get an Estonian gambling license.
Since online gambling and cryptocurrencies are both legal in Estonia, the logic is that crypto casinos are also legal. You’re free to join the gambling sites as long as you’re of legal age. Also, make sure that you join a site that’s legally allowed to operate in the country. All online casinos operating in the country are licensed and regulated by the Estonian Tax and Customs Board (ETCB).
How to join Estonian crypto casino sites
Now that you’re assured of the legality of crypto gambling in Estonia, it’s time to find the best one for your needs. There are several considerations to keep in mind when choosing the best bitcoin casinos. These are based on your gaming preferences, the security of the casino, and the operating license.
Do your research
To find the best crypto casino in Estonia, you’ll need to do your research. This involves making sure:
- It’s licensed. You want to be able to legally gamble in Estonia and have your consumer rights protected by the law. By joining a licensed casino, you’re assured that it’s regulated and all games are fair. Also, you don’t have to worry about whether the site is legitimate or trustworthy since they’ll be handling your money.
- The site has your preferred payment methods. Since you’re interested in gambling using cryptocurrencies, you need to make sure they are accepted by the casino. Not only that, you need to check which digital currencies they accept. That way, you’re assured that you can play with your preferred coins, and not just what the casino wants.
- They have good customer reviews. It’s important to take note of what ordinary people have to say about an online casino before you join it. This gives a very good view of how the site works and whether it will be easy for someone like you to use it. Also, you’ll get little nuggets of information about the user experience that you won’t get anywhere else.
- The customer support is good. There are a few things to keep in mind when determining if customer support is good or not. To start, you want to make sure the casino has multiple, convenient ways of contacting them. These can include a phone number, email, live chat and even social media inbox messages. Then, you need to be aware of how quickly they’ll respond to you. Equally important, are they good at quickly and effectively resolving problems?
Join and register
Once you’ve found an Estonian crypto casino that ticks all the right boxes for you, it’s time to go through the registration process. When you click to join, you’ll be presented with a short form to fill out. Some information required includes your name, phone number, email and password for the account.
Once done, a confirmation email is sent to you to verify your contact details. However, the process doesn’t end there. Estonia has strict gambling laws that require thorough KYC procedures. You’ll be asked to provide a copy of your government-issued ID as well as proof of residence before you can place your first bet. This verification process only takes a few minutes, so you won’t have to wait long to get your casino account verified and confirmed.
With your new casino account created, you can now go through the process of adding crypto funds to your account. There are two ways of doing this. You can either transfer crypto from your wallet into your casino account or buy crypto via the casino using fiat currency.
Remember to take notes of the minimum and maximum deposit amounts in the different currencies they’ll have available. Another thing to keep in mind is any transaction fees. Some crypto casino sites in Estonia offer free transactions, but others may require a fee for each transaction.
Now the real fun begins. With some money in your account, you can start playing crypto games. Head to the home page to see the most popular games to choose from. You can also pick your crypto games based on themes or skill level.
Most popular crypto games in Estonia
The best casinos will have thousands of games for you to choose from. Estonians are no different when it comes to enjoying many crypto games to play. These players are lucky enough to have access to some of the best crypto casino sites in the world, so they can choose from thousands of exciting games.
Some of the most popular games include:
- Arcade games
- Live table games
- Lotto games
- Scratch cards
- Video poker
There are plenty more other games you can play. It’s up to you to decide what you enjoy and bet on those games. At the same time, you can decide to go for more skill-based games such as poker versus games based on pure chance such as dice games.
What are the pros and cons of a crypto casino?
A lot of great stuff can be said about joining a crypto casino instead of a normal, fiat casino. But also, there are some other things to be aware of before you join a bitcoin casino. In this part of the article, we’ll take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of joining and playing at a crypto casino in Estonia. This will help you make a well-rounded decision on whether it’s a good idea to join one or not.
Pros of crypto casinos
- Added security: Because you’re not sharing personal financial details such as your credit card numbers, you’re assured of added security. Crypto payments work by simply copying and pasting a wallet address and this eliminates the possibility of sensitive financial information ending up in the wrong hands.
- Higher betting limits: If you’re a high roller, you’ll be glad to know that you can make deposits and withdrawals with much higher limits than in a fiat casino. That’s because no traditional banks are interfering with the transactions and flagging transactions that seem “too high.”
- Fast transactions: Within a few minutes, your crypto transactions are done. This goes for both deposits and payouts. It’s always important for bettors to have transactions as quickly as possible. This helps to establish trust between the players and the crypto casinos.
Cons of crypto casinos
- There aren’t many of them: You’re limited on the number of online crypto casinos operating in Estonia. Even smaller is the number of well-known and trusted casino no brands. This can be frustrating for players looking for varied game options at popular casinos. However, as crypto continues being more widely accepted, the number of crypto casinos in Estonia is also expected to increase.
- Cryptocurrencies are volatile: It’s a well-known fact that digital currencies have many highs and lows. While some people might play using cryptocurrencies because of how convenient they are, others do it to win and increase their digital asset portfolio. So, you might make a crypto casino deposit worth a certain amount today, but by tomorrow, the value may drop.
The future of crypto casinos in Estonia
More and more casinos are getting the licenses they need to operate legally in Estonia. So, you can expect to have many more options for online gambling. The market is mature enough to understand the pros and cons of online casinos, and how to enjoy them alone or with friends.
At the same time, ordinary people are becoming more confident using digital currencies for day-to-day transactions. With well-established laws around cryptocurrencies that help to protect consumers, use will only continue to grow. It’s only natural to believe that the future of online crypto casino sites looks bright in Estonia.
After reading our guide, you may have questions on your mind. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions on the topic.
How do I know if an Estonian crypto casino is legit?
To start, check that the crypto casino is licensed and regulated by the Estonian Tax and Customs Board (ETCB). This is the body that gives both fiat and crypto casinos permission to operate legally in the country. To see if they are licensed, check the footer of the site for badges from bodies and organizations ensuring fair and legal gaming.
Are transactions free at crypto casino sites in Estonia?
Most Estonian crypto casinos don’t have any fees for deposits and withdrawals. You’re able to make and receive payments without worrying about losing anything to the casino. However, there might be fees on the side of the crypto exchange or the crypto network you use may have fees that you’ll need to be aware of.