Although the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has some of the most stringent laws in the world, Saudi citizens still manage to play their favorite games at crypto casinos.
In this article, we cover the crypto and gambling regulations in Saudi Arabia, how to join a crypto casino, the benefits of playing on a crypto casino, and how to choose the best crypto casino sites. To make things easier for you, we have provided a list of the best casinos at the top of this page.
Gambling regulations in Saudi Arabia
The Saudi Arabian government is not in favour of online gaming. The Quran states that it is illegal to gamble and, as such, the country has severe anti-gambling regulations. There are no legal casinos, bookies, or poker rooms in the country. And all forms of gambling are prohibited.
If a citizen is caught gambling in Saudi Arabia, they will face severe penalties. The law focuses mainly on local illegal gaming organizations that operate underground. But, if you are found guilty of gambling, you can expect high fines and up to six months in prison. If you are arrested for the same crime more than time, the penalties will be even more severe.
In 2018, Saudi Arabian regulators issued a statement stating that cryptocurrency trading would be banned in the Kingdom. It outlined the significant risks it carries for traders if they were not regulated by the government.
However, in September 2022, Saudi Arabia’s banking regulator announced Mohsen AlZahrani would manage its virtual assets and central bank digital currency initiative. Saudi had seen its neighbors in the UAE establish a worldwide crypto hub which pushed Riyadh to draft formal laws for the asset class. So, in the future, traders can expect some sort of crypto regulation.
Although the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia does not have a positive stance towards crypto and online gambling, bettors are still joining crypto casinos to play their favourite crypto games. They do this in two ways.
Saudi gamblers are using VPNs. The Saudi government makes every effort to censor websites that contradict extreme Islamic doctrines. Hence, gamblers use a virtual private network because Saudi Arabia’s King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) prohibits all crypto gambling sites. VPNs work by placing a server between the website you’re trying to connect to and your local device to conceal your IP address.
Gamblers cannot deposit using debit or credit cards issued by Saudi banks because of the country’s strict anti-gambling legislation. Instead, they choose payment options that allow them to be anonymous.
As a result, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies remain the most preferred payment method among Saudi Arabia’s online gamblers. Through these two methods, Saudi Arabia’s gamblers can join offshore crypto casinos and remain anonymous.
To begin gambling with cryptocurrency, you must first purchase some coins or tokens from an exchange. Although Bitcoin is by far the most popular cryptocurrency for gambling, many online casinos will take ‘alt-coins’ such as Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Cardano, Litecoin, or Dogecoin.
To purchase Bitcoin, you must first open an account with a cryptocurrency exchange that accepts fiat currency. These exchanges allow you to purchase Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, which you can then transfer to your preferred crypto casino site.
How crypto casinos work
Crypto casinos are platforms that allow players to make deposits and/or withdrawals using cryptocurrencies. On these platforms, users can play their favorite table games using cryptocurrencies.
What’s also great about Bitcoin casinos and other sites like them is that users can be completely anonymous and have full control over their accounts. Aside from that, in a crypto casino, the rules are the same as in a regular casino. Here are other reasons why cryptocurrency casinos are becoming popular.
- Transaction fees are low.
- You can gamble as much as you want with no limits.
- No ID Verification is required in some crypto casinos.
- Instant Money Transfer
- Players’ identities and money are safe.
Gambling at crypto casinos
With the number of gamblers in Saudi Arabia opting for crypto casinos, knowing how to deposit and withdraw is important. In fact, most crypto casinos work the same way as regular casinos do. The only difference is that cryptocurrency is used instead of cash. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to deposit and withdraw from a crypto casino site in Saudi Arabia.
Before you can start placing bets on any online crypto games, you will need to fund your gambling account. Here is how you can deposit to your crypto casino sites gambling account in Saudi Arabia.
- Head to your preferred Saudi Arabian crypto casino site.
- Ensure that they accept your preferred cryptocurrency.
- Head to the Cashier tab and choose your preferred crypto payment option.
- After selecting your crypto payment option, input your e-wallet address, the amount you wish to deposit, and an authentication key to confirm the transaction.
- Within a few minutes, the amount will show up on your crypto casino site account.
- Start gambling on your favorite table games.
Similar to the deposit process, withdrawing through your crypto casino is not at all difficult. Here is how you can do it.
- Head to the crypto casinos Payments tab. You will see a list of crypto options the casino supports for withdrawals. Choose your preferred option.
- Enter the address of the e-wallet where you intend to keep winnings from the casino.
- Review the wallet address, and click Confirm
- Within a couple of hours, you will receive your money.
- Once the crypto has been transferred from your crypto casino account to the correct e-wallet address, you can go to one of the many online exchanges and trade your crypto bitcoins for fiat currencies.
One thing to note is the withdrawal fee. Although most crypto casinos in Saudi Arabia do not charge any withdrawal fees, check the fees your wallet provider charges.
Popular games at crypto casinos
Every Saudi Arabia online gambling enthusiast prefers crypto casinos because they offer different crypto games and are all provably fair. Here are the various casino games available at crypto casinos in Saudi Arabia:
- Scratch cards
- Table Games
- Video Poker and others.
The benefits of playing at crypto casinos
With so many games available at crypto casinos, players will always find something to suit their needs. Apart from that, there are other reasons why players choose crypto casinos.
Traditional casinos might charge you credit card fees and deposit and withdrawal fees, among others. Instead, online crypto casinos offer a significant edge here. Transferring Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies saves money and time.
Besides low fees, cross-border payments and transactions are available to gamblers. The transaction is secure, private, and completed in seconds. Also, if you do not have a bank account, you can still send crypto to your online casinos and start playing your favorite table games.
When you use cryptocurrencies, you do not have to wait for them to be processed or cleared, and you do not have to pay any foreign costs. Anyone with an internet connection can send a bitcoin transaction to anyone they desire.
Crypto casinos provide their users with anonymity. This means that no one can track your transactions or see how much money you make or lose. This makes it appealing to users who wish to keep their earnings safe from prying eyes. It is especially beneficial to gamblers in Saudi Arabia, where online gambling is banned.
Future of crypto casinos in Saudi Arabia
The Kingdom is working towards creating a framework to legalize crypto. As former managing director at Accenture, Mohsen AlZahran has been appointed to boost digital ambitions in the country. He will lead the Saudi Arabian central bank digital currency (CBDC). In addition, he is collaborating with Ziad Bander Alyousef, the deputy governor for development and technology at the Saudi Central Bank. Together with a team in Riyadh, they will discuss a crypto framework with some of the biggest cryptocurrency firms.
Besides that, Binance Holdings Ltd. has started to hire employees for Saudi Arabia. The company wants to gain a first movers advantage in the event the current restrictions are removed.
How to choose the best crypto casinos
Although crypto casinos are banned in Saudi Arabia, gamblers can opt for offshore casinos to play their favourite games. However, before joining any Bitcoin casinos or other crypto sites, we recommend you judge them on four criteria. This will ensure that the crypto casino you are joining is safe and legit.
- Game Choice: Because each casino works with a different game supplier, not every crypto gambling site will have the same games. As a result, some providers will have more varieties of certain games than others. Therefore, choose a provider that has a large selection of your favourite crypto games. Finally, choose a casino that crypto casino that offers provably fair games.
- Payment Options: Some crypto casinos will only accept cryptocurrency deposits or possibly only Bitcoin deposits, whereas others will accept both cryptocurrency and traditional payments. Before joining a crypto casino, check you can play with your preferred cryptocurrency.
- Security: Check the security features of the gambling site. Is the Bitcoin casino to which you’re sending your cryptocurrency safe and trustworthy? Some less well-known casinos may lack proper security, thus putting your money at risk. It is best to choose a crypto casino that has two-factor verification. All the casinos that we have mentioned in our list are safe and have the best security features.
- Customer Support: A dependable customer care service is equally important to have at any crypto casino. You will almost certainly require professional assistance that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As a result, ensure your crypto casino provides solid customer assistance. Check to see whether the website has a live chat, what the typical response time is, and if they have a detailed FAQ section.
We have covered crypto and gambling regulations in Saudi Arabia and other relevant information. However, since there is so much to learn, we have added two of the most frequent questions and answers asked by bettors.
Is it safe to use cryptocurrencies at crypto casinos?
Yes, crypto payments provide a safe, secure, and anonymous deposit option. It is because of the various levels of encryption and verification that take place during the process. Cryptocurrency transactions are also quick and have very low fees. Finally, by using cryptocurrencies, you can remain anonymous.
Do crypto casinos offer bonuses?
Yes, there are. All crypto casinos offer an array of promotional offers to their players. It includes a welcome bonus, no deposit bonuses, free spins, or any other online gaming offer.
|Best Crypto Casino||Bitstarz|